Doris at Inspired Follies very kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Blog Award is a blogger- to- blogger nomination system which promotes blogs with less than 200 followers.
The award takes three parts:
For the first I have to write 11 random facts about myself, then I have to answer the 11 questions which Doris has posed for her nominees and lastly I have to nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions. I already know that I won't be able to find 11 qualifying bloggers who haven't already been nominated but here goes with 11 facts about me.
1. I grew up on a diary farm and I loved cows so much that when I was 8 years old it was my ambition to marry a farmer with a 100 cows.
2. I failed on that one as I married a former city-dweller.
3. I am tone deaf and am a total crow - I don't even sing in the shower but I love music.
4. The first book I read on my own was 'The Secret Island' by Enid Blyton.
5. According to Irish folk lore I have the cure for chicken pox as my mother had the same surname as my father before they got married.
6. My favourite cuisine is Italian.
7. I cannot imagine living without pets - at the moment we have a Labrador called Fudge and a cat called Toffee.
8. I can speak Irish, Ireland's native language, although not as well as I'd like as it's not widely spoken outside The Gaeltacht areas. I also studied Italian at school and although I've forgotten most of it, I have enough to get by on holidays.
9. My favourite place to holiday abroad is Italy while my favourite place for holidays at home is the north Antrim Coast.
10. I haven't kissed The Blarney Stone and have no desire to do so.
11. Photography is a passion and I rarely go out without a camera. Of course, when I do, I usually spot a great missed photo opportunity! I do a photo a day (almost) project on the photo sharing site Pbase.com